how to remove nail polish without nail polish remover
Nail polish is one of the most commonly used beauty product among women. Most of the women, regardless of age and cast, love to paint their nails with colorful nail polishes. And, almost all of them keep wondering and looking for how to remove nail polish without nail polish remover.
Painting nails with nail polishes are kind of a fashion trend. Even, using nail polishes they’re making fine nail arts. Many women keep painting their nails according to their outfits. So that their nail colors can match their outfits.
For nail painting acetone nail polish remover is the most used basic to remove nail polish. If you like to keep changing your nail polish color or design, it’s a must to use remover. But acetone nail polish remover isn’t quite a good thing for using continuously.
That’s why you should know alternative ways to remove nail polish without remover. Even, sometimes it might be possible you don’t have the remover and you have to remove your nail polish. So, it’s always an advantage to know how to remove nail polish without polish remover.
Researchers have found that there are a lot of home remedies for nail polish remover. And, amazingly, you don’t even need to bother arranging the materials. You already have them at home. So, here are some of the home remedies to remove nail polish without remover. Have a look.
How To Remove Nail Polish without Nail Polish Remover Naturally?
This might surprise you a little that you can naturally remove nail polish without remover. Even, these home remedies for nail polish remover can help you removing nail polish from your skin, hair, and clothes as well. They are very easy and simple steps. You can go for any of the followings without facing any trouble. So, let’s see the remedies for nail polish remover DIY.
1. Lemon Juice and Vinegar-skin
Lemon and vinegar are two very common kitchen ingredients available in every house. Their solvent can be a replacement for your nail polish remover. The citrus juice with its acidity mixes with vinegar and makes a natural solvent which helps remove your nail polish without acetone removers.
You don’t need to panic about the proportion. You just need a lemon, vinegar a much as you need to make the solvent. Then follow the given steps here.
- Squeeze half of a lemon and add a little vinegar with it and mix them in a bowl.
- Make sure you’re preparing enough quantity of the solvent as you have to soak your fingers in it.
- Now soak your finger in the solvent for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- But don’t soak your fingers in the solvent for too long.
- After soaking just wipe off your nails using cotton balls.
- Don’t let your fingers dry. Wipe off your nail while it’s wet.
The amazing fact of this natural nail polish remover is it’s also the best way to remove nail polish from the skin. Even, it’s one of the stunning tricks of removing stains fabrics. This mixture is the best natural alternative for removing nail polish without remover.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide And Water
Hydrogen Peroxide with hot water is one of the useful home remedies for nail polish remover. It’s also kind of antiseptic and always available in your house for cleansing.
With the accurate quantity, this mixture helps you remove nail polish naturally discharging oxygen. But, you should be very careful about the quantity. You just have to follow the following steps.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide in hot water into a bowl maintain 2:1 proportion.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for around 10 to 15 minutes. Water should be the hottest level you can take.
- While soaking rub and massage your nails with your fingers.
- Then, remove your finger from the mixture and take off the nail polish using a nail file.
- Don’t be too rough while filing.
3. Rubbing Alcohol and White Sugar
These amazing home tricks are actually far better than the acetone pr acetate removers. And, as a homemade remedy for removing nail polish or clearing almost nothing can beat rubbing alcohol.
If you’ve never tried it, you have to go for it. Then you will admit that rubbing alcohol is the king of the cleaning department. For removing nail polish without remover you can use rubbing alcohol to make homemade remover.
Just rubbing alcohol and a little white sugar, the solvent will make your nail polish removing easier and smoother. All you have to do is-
- Make a solvent using a few drops of rubbing alcohol with white sugar in a bowl.
- Soak your fingers in warm water to soften your nail polish. It’ll make nail polish removing better.
- Now take a cotton ball or a piece of a cotton pad, soak it into the solvent and rub your nails with it.
- Rub all over the nail to wipe off the nail paint with perfect finishing.
Don’t take it wrong, but if you don’t want to use a single penny on removing nail polish without remover, you’re going to love this trick. This trick is so simple that you might have doubt on it.
The only problem this trick has is it is time-consuming. If you have no problem spending a few more time, just go for it.
- Arrange a bowl of warm water. Make sure your finger can bear the heat.
- Soak your fingers in the water for around 20 to 30 minutes. If necessary, you can soak for a longer time in case of thicker nail polish coating.
- Now scrub your nails properly with a dry and a little rough cloth.
See, it’s the easiest way to remove nail polish without polish remover. Just be careful and don’t let your finger accidentally burn.
Remove Nail Polish Using Alcohol-Based Products
You already know how to remove nail polish at home without polish remover using rubbing alcohol. Alcohol is a very effective ingredient for removing nail polish. But it’s not a must to be rubbing alcohol only.
Products containing alcohol can also be effective as a homemade nail polish remover. If there is enough alcohol in your product, it’s going to dissolve the ingredients and color of the nail paint. That makes it easier for you to wipe off and remove your nail polish smoothly.
So, let’s check the alcohol-based products we can use as a nail polish alternative.
5. Perfume or Deodorant
All of us use perfume or deodorant. It’s one of those things that’s always available. Perfume or body spray or deodorants are also alcohol-based products. Even, they are the best alcohol based product that we can surely use as an acetone nail polish remover alternative.
And, believe it or not, it’s better as a nail polish remover than other products that contain alcohol. So, frequently use your body spray or perfume or deodorant to remove your nail polish. Just go with the following steps.
- Soak your nails in warm water for around 15 minutes.
- Apply your deodorant or spray your perfume or body spray to each of your nails directly at a very close distance. Don’t let the spray fly away in the air.
- Now, take a dry cloth and rub your nails until you wipe off your nail polish completely.
- Rub and wipe off your nail as fast as possible. Don’t let the perfume or body spray dry on your nails. Otherwise, it will settle your nail polish instead of removing it.
- After removing nail polish with complete finishing wash your hands.
There’s no single option to have doubt on this trick. It’s going to work for sure. Just give it a shot.
6. Hair Spray
Do you have a hair spray? If yes, check its ingredients on its body or cover. Most of the hair spray usually contains alcohol. And, it’s enough for you to use as a remover. If your hair spray has alcohol in it then just do as following.
- Just use a cotton ball and spray your hair spray on it.
- Then wipe off your nails properly.
- Keep continuing the same process until you remove your nail polish entirely.
- After you finish removing nail polish, wash your hands very well and use some hand cream or lotion on them.
So, it’s simpler than you thought, right? And, don’t worry about the finishing. This process actually works and it’s proven. Just give it a try. The result will be the proof. Even, you can use your hair spray to remove nail polish form your cloth. Every fabric doesn’t take acetone remover so well.
7. Hand Sanitizer
Hand sanitizer also contains alcohol. That’s the reason you can also use your hand sanitizer for removing nail polish without nail polish remover. But if you directly use it to rub and wipe off your nail polish, it won’t work.
To make it work first you have to soak your nails in warm water for around 20 minutes. After that soak a cotton ball into your hand sanitizer and rub your nails to wipe off nail paint.
If necessary, you can go with a rough piece of cloth to scrub your nail. It will be better to remove nail polish entirely, even the stubborn one. So, you can remove nail polish using hand sanitizer and it’s going to sanitize your nails all along.
Some Other Tricks for Removing Nail Polish Without Remover
It’s definitely going to surprise you that toothpaste can be a magical substitute to your acetone nail polish remover. Can’t believe your eyes? Well, if you can’t believe it just try this. You’ll see yourself how amazingly toothpaste is going to work for removing nail polish.
Even, it’s a safer option. Who doesn’t have toothpaste at home? So, you can use it anytime whenever you need to remove nail polish. Simple and easy procedure, and here they are.
- Soak your nails in warm water for some minutes.
- Apply a little amount of your toothpaste on a brush.
- Use that brush and brush your nails like brushing teeth. Don’t so harsh on them. Gently, rub your nails with a brush.
- Make nice foam with toothpaste and scrub your nails properly and gently.
- Don’t let toothpaste dry on your nails. Keep rubbing and nail polish will start to remove.
- After removing nail polish wash your hands with hand wash or soap. It will remove the stickiness of toothpaste.
You might be wondering how toothpaste can remove nail polish. Not just from your nails but also from your skin. The secret ingredient is baking soda. Baking soda is one of the ingredients of most of the whitening toothpaste. This is the reason why toothpaste can remove nail polish.
9. Nail Polish on Nail Polish
It might sound crazy to apply nail polish on your nail while there’s already nail polish in your nail. Yes, it’s crazy, but the easiest trick to remove nail polish at home without nail polish remover. Just apply a coat on your nail polish. This time, don’t let it dry.
Use a piece of cloth or paper cloth and wipe off your nail polish. Your nail polish will remove including the previous one. That’s because when you’re adding more nail polish it softens the previously applied nail polish. And, just a little push and rubbing with the cloth removes nail polish overall.
Usually, we use a cotton ball or cotton pad for removing nail polish. But in this case, you should avoid cotton. That’s because cotton will get stuck with the liquid nail polish and won’t work properly. You can keep applying another coating if you can’t remove it for the first coating. So, continue the procedure until you finish removing entirely.
10. Glue Trick
This trick is kind of a preventative one. But its problem is it doesn’t work for all kinds of nail polishes. It works best with the glitter nail polishes. In this regard, the procedure is for applying before painting your nails with nail polish.
All you need is white glue. To apply glue on your nail easily you can mix glue with water and put the mixture into an empty nail polish container. Then just go for the procedure given below.
- Apply a base coat on your nails using the glue and water mixture. Let it dry on your nails properly.
- When the glue is completely dry, then apply your glittery nail paints as you wish on that glue coating. Let it dry too.
- The glue sets on your nails and your nail paints sets perfectly on the glue coating.
- Now, whenever you want to remove your nail polish, you just need to peel off that glue coating. No more fight with nail polish.
- You can use a toothpick or just simply peel off the glue coat pushing with your nails.
- Or if you want to make it easier, just soak your nails into warm water lathered with soap and then peeling off the glue will be simpler.
- Then easily pop off the nail polish using a toothpick or a cuticle pusher.
Well, the acetone removers are always the best option to remove nail polish. All of the above tricks are alternatives. So, it’s obvious that they won’t work like the acetone removers. But you can try them with patience. While soaking nails in warm water don’t burn your fingers.
Follow the instruction in the correct way. Only then all these tricks are going to work. So, no more tension about nail polish remover. Now you know how to remove nail polish without nail polish remover. Just try the tricks for once.